- Who we are:
We are the Ballybofey & Stranorlar District Historical Society. You can contact us at this address by email at email@example.com
- Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with
For people who view and interact with our website, we process data:
- to respond to your query when sent through our ‘contact us’ form
- to sign up to our newsletter when you request subscription through our website
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of our society as well as our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting our historical society. We always include an unsubscribe button in our communications, so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
We will retain this data for the duration of your membership and a further 3 months after your membership expires.
For people who are paid up members of the society, we process data:
- to keep proper records
- to manage your membership of the society
- to provide you with details of the societies meetings and events.
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of our society as well as our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting our historical society.
We will retain this data for the duration of your membership and a further 3 months after your membership expires
- Transfers of data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We do not transfer your data outside the EEA
- Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
- Requirement to process personal data
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website.
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot send your our newsletter, respond to your queries sent through our contact us form or manage your membership.
- Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling